Friday, February 5, 2010

How Much Money For A Sprained Ankle At Work

How I stole my own camera at Alain Ducasse


week Last, an impulse that I still can not figure led me to the lovely lacquered door of Aux Lyonnais, The famous bistro of Alain Ducasse, which I will talk soon side kitchens.
But I tell you what m'avint after that, however little tipsy by the low consumption of alcohol made this evening (given the astronomical prices the wine list), I had inadvertently left behind my little camera, the very one with which I gratifies you regularly shots worthy of a Man Ray untalented. The same evening, filled with gratitude phone, I espied the lovely attendant that I will get the tool kindly found and that, as soon as possible.
So here I am, three days later, on Tuesday, February 2 at 18h32, always pushing the door to God's ancient pub Market by its majesty Ducasse, and lo and behold, I found I all alone in the premises. I'm hooting of good night across the street chanting Anybody? loudly, inspect under the slightest faux leather sofa, not a sound nor a face, nothing. The terrible silence. I venture until worried kitchens ... same story! No one but the ghosts of what once was a restaurant (I speculated, optimism).
I still have time to see, plastered in several places in the office, the following note, worthy of the best of the Hippopotamus hexagon, and that I transcribe - including stars - as discovered with amazement

PROPOSE TO EACH TABLE
** ** DESSERT WINE Muscat or rasteau
** ** ** ** and KF Repasse DIGESTIVE
* ** * WATER Repasse
** ** TWO FOR 1 ENTRY if no entry
X2 ** SCALLOPS IN FLAT
DESSERT FOR TWO ** if no dessert

O time pending your flight, let me rethink fleetingly in this surreal moment in wonderful Roland Topor, who undoubtedly would have died if he had an early one day discovered a note of this type on the wall of an alleged bar. Sic transit gloria mundi .

daze as to authenticity mimeographed, I turned willingly path ( Anybody? No? Still no?) And me toward the door mythical ZE bistro, that seest- I there no, slipped between a notebook and a buffer to control expense, just under the body? Won! Panasonic my darling! Hi! Hola? Anyone? Good evening? Really? Let . Here I am alone with my fate, as Empress Sissi and less well dressed, on the edge of a decision that I measure will make me a different man.
I spear Arsene Lupin self-stripping, and neither one nor two, take hold of the camera, then nonchalantly wanders to the door pretty stripped-then-painted-by-Mr-Ducasse-itself-in- person-one-Sunday-spring-with-his-little-hands-that-feel-good-d'olive-oil-and-the-pie-in-crust. The fruit of my
marauding well back in the cabin, I find myself in the street, cross at this precise moment a young man well dressed, which I recognize to be the carrier who officiated three days earlier in the same place, who greets me politely politeness that I imitate, while spawning a step towards the Stock Exchange almost tranquil, as between the chuck golden boys, with the satisfaction of having repaired fool risking my reputation - if not my life - a real injustice.
Now the way is open, that my life has shifted in the crime and excess, as the vortex of larceny crushed me in his palm deleterious, I can no longer turn back. Next week I will go to Passage 53, empty before stunned Japanese funds pitcher I was charged € 30 a glass! Pray for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment