Saturday, February 13, 2010

What Would An Abnormal Chest X Ray Mean

Alain Passard: it is beautiful?

So it's almost ten years since I wrote to Alain Passard to complain of a lunch at L'Arpege heartbreaking. To be honest, I expected nothing in return for that stammering. But accepted the invitation of the maestro who claimed via his press secretary make amends. And did one of the best meals of my life. Like what, when and guest is announced, things can be very different ... and better value for money.
After this second breakfast, I explain again to Alain Passard, who remembered only some of the contents of my letter, the reason for my confusion first, and he admitted to having eaten divinely When prompted by him. The leader ended the exchange by a "much better, then you come back? It is the beautiful?"
I do not know what to answer, and snicker at the silly joke, before taking any measurement of the expression, as it is true that Alain Passard, despite all the talent that he now concedes, "is beautiful" . Open a random women's magazine: Passard is the new Martin! Some titles? Alain cultivates his garden, Alain plays clarinet, Alain roasted poultry, Alain takes the pose of Rodin's Thinker in front of a wall painted with a sponge, a tubercle on the shoulder ... ad lib.
And me, I want more ... Is it because the beautiful?
retrospect, ten years later, while the lunch menu is 120 €, I want to answer him: "Let's start by making peace." For beautiful, one thinks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment